iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems® to Debut New High-Tech Products at the 2018 SEMA Show
Oct 15, 2018
Holly Hill, FL – iBEAM by Metra Electronics® is introducing new vehicle safety products at the 2018 SEMA Show, designed to improve driver visibility, add convenience and install easily. Vehicle-specific solutions include factory-style third brake light cameras for Ram, Nissan and Ford commercial vans and a wide range of factory-style tailgate handle backup cameras. New universal products include a dual-lens dash cam and DVR and large replacement mirror monitor. iBEAM’s recently introduced micro-cameras, power lift gates and high-tech touchscreen mirror monitor kit will also be on display at the show.
The TE-3BNV2 and TE-3BDP2 cameras use the factory brake light and expand it to add the camera, allowing for a clean install keeping the OEM style, but with the added safety and security of a reverse camera. iBEAM’s TE-FDPL is a replacement license plate light camera which also maintains the OEM look and feel. Each camera offers a CMOS ¼ sensor, 580 TV line resolution, selectable parking lines and a 170 degree viewing angle. Available soon.
- CMOS ¼ sensor
- Resolution: 580 TV lines
- Viewing angle: 170 degrees diagonal
- Selectable parking lines
- 23’ of extension cable
- Extends the third brake light to allow camera addition
- 0.1 Lux
TE-3BDP2 - Ram Pro-master Van 2014 to 2017 Commercial Brake Light Camera
TE-FDPL - Ford Transit 2010 to 2016 License Plate Light Camera
iBEAM is introducing nine new vehicle-specific tailgate handle backup cameras that maintain the factory look and feel of the vehicle. These solutions replace the OEM tailgate handle to provide a non-obtrusive reverse camera. Specifications vary for each model. Available soon.
- 1999-2006 Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra (TE-GMSH)
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Truck (TE-RMH)
- 2001-2016 Ford F-150 / Superduty (TE-FDEM, Emblem Camera)
- 1992-up* Ford Econoline (TE-FDEH)
- 2013-up* Nissan Frontier (TE-NFH)
- 2016-up* Toyota Tacoma / 2014-up* Toyota Tundra (TE-TATUH)
- 2012-up* Ford Ranger / Mazda BT50 (TE-FDRH)
- 2015-up* Toyota Hilux Revo (TE-THH)
- 2015-up* Nissan Navara D23 (TE-NAVHC)
Dual Lens Dashcam and DVR:
iBEAM introduces its first dual-lens high-definition dashcam, the TE-DVR-DL. This low profile 1080p digital video recorder offers a camera for forward facing recording and a camera for recording the interior of the vehicle, with a built-in DVR that supports up to 32GB of storage via SD card. The built-in screen allows for viewing while recording but can also be used to view playback of the recordings. It can also connect via Wi-Fi to an app for remote viewing from a smartphone or tablet, and is portable, connecting to a standard 12v outlet for operation. It quickly mounts to the windshield and is easily removed with a sliding 3M tape mount. Now shipping.
- Digital video recorder with dual camera recording
- One camera for forward facing recording
- One camera for interior of the vehicle recording
- Plugs into standard 12v outlet for operation
- Capable of full 1080p dual recording
- Built-in g-force sensor detects collisions and locks the captured video to prevent being overwritten
- Take photos with the press of a button
- Built-in screen, also connects to Wi-Fi enabled app
- iBEAM SD card (TE-16SD) sold separately
- Max 128GB SD card
The TE-RM7 boasts 1280x480 resolution to display up to three different camera inputs in a factory-style rearview mirror. It has three analog triggers for each input and includes the most widely used windshield mount for easy installation. (If the vehicle does not have a universal footprint on the windshield, use the TE-M06, sold separately). Available soon.
- Replacement mirror with monitor built-in for viewing multiple cameras
- Large 7.3" monitor
- 3 separate inputs for 3 individual cameras
- 3 analog triggers for each input
- Includes most widely used windshield mount, if vehicle does not have universal footprint on windshield, use TE-M06, sold separately
- Resolution: 1280x480
A three year manufacturer’s warranty is offered with iBEAM products purchased from authorized resellers. See all of iBEAM’s latest safety solutions at SEMA, in the Metra Electronics main booth 11629 (North Hall). Off-road, truck and powersports accessories will be at booth 37011 in the South Upper Level, which will include iBEAM’s dashcams.
*See iBEAMusa.com for up-to-date, vehicle specific information.
About Metra Electronics®
At Metra, 12 volt installation and integration is our passion. We strive to continuously offer the highest quality products to meet the fluctuating technological challenges of the automotive world. We actively listen to our customers’ requests and invest resources into developing the highest quality dash kit and harness solutions. We make more dash kits for the most vehicle applications than anyone else in the world. That’s why we’ve been known as “The Installer’s Choice” ® for more than 72 years. Our other brands include: Axxess®, T-Spec®, The Install Bay®, Heise LED Lighting Systems®, iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems®, Shuriken High Performance Batteries®, Raptor®, Ballistic®, AmmoTenna®, Metra PowerSports®, and Metra Marine®. Metra’s expertise in connectivity solutions is also applied to its division of premium home theater and surveillance products, Metra Home Theater Group®. For ordering information and pricing, visit Metra Electronics online at MetraOnline.com or call 800.221-0932.