iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems® Introduces Auto-Dimming and Real-Time Streaming Mirror Monitors at CES
Dec 30, 2019
Holly Hill, FL – December 30, 2019 – Metra Electronics®, the leading manufacturer of aftermarket automotive solutions, is excited to announce two new universal replacement rearview mirror monitors from iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems® launching at CES. An OE-style auto-dimming mirror with a 4.3” built-in screen and a full 9” touchscreen live streaming mirror monitor and camera kit will be on display and available soon. These new solutions provide drivers with the ability to upgrade to better technology with quality aftermarket safety products.
iBEAM’s OE style auto-dimming mirror with a 4.3” built-in monitor (TE-AD43) reduces the glare on a bright sunny day or from headlights at night. The mirror automatically adjusts the mirror and monitor screen based on the lighting environment to allow the driver a visual that’s easier to see in any lighting condition. Sensors on the front and rear of the mirror adjust the brightness of the mirror and the monitor as they detect weak or strong light sources from headlights, oncoming traffic or sunlight. The mirror has two video inputs for a backup camera and an additional camera view, controlled with a reverse trigger. An optional setting for parking lines can be adjusted in distance and pitch from the mirror itself or the included remote. The TE-AD43 can be paired with any of iBEAM’s universal cameras for a complete solution.
TE-AD43 Product Specifications:
- Automatic brightness adjustment for mirror and monitor
- OE style auto-dimming mirror
- 4.3" LCD monitor
- 2 video inputs
- Reverse trigger input
- Adjustable parking lines via remote (included)
- Cameras not included
Drivers can remove obstructions to see the rear and front view of the vehicle in real-time with iBEAM’s touchscreen mirror and camera kit (TE-SM9). This large 9” color LCD touchscreen mirror features no lag with 1080p resolution at 30fps for the rear and front cameras. A built-in dual-channel DVR captures the front and rear video feeds simultaneously to prevent liability in case of an accident and has a G-sensor to prevent video from being overwritten.
This camera system includes ADAS features built into the mirror monitor touchscreen. The split screen mode shows a visual of both front and rear views, with optional lane detection watch and forward collision warnings for the driver with audible alerts. The camera can also capture still photos and be used in parking mode for additional surveillance. Settings are adjusted through the mirror’s touchscreen.
TE-SM9 Product Specifications:
- 9" full color LCD touchscreen with no lag, real-time rearview image
- Built-in front and rear cameras with 1080p resolution at 30fps
- Dual-channel DVR captures front and rear feeds simultaneously
- Split screen visual available
- ADAS visual for lane detection watch and forward collision warning with audible alerts available when in split screen
- Ability to take snapshots of the camera feed with self timer and adjustable photo quality settings
- Loop recording with adjustable G-sensor settings to prevent video from being overwritten in case of impact
- Parking mode available for recording video when the vehicle is not in motion
- Supports a maximum 128GB micro SD card (sold separately)
- If windshield bracket is not a universal D-shaped bracket, iBEAM’s TE-M06 (sold separately) will be required for installation
Both of these solutions will be on display with Metra Electronics at booth 5211 in the North Hall at CES from January 7-10, 2020. Visit iBEAMusa.com for additional details.
About Metra Electronics®
At Metra, 12volt installation and integration is our passion. We strive to continuously offer the highest quality products to meet the fluctuating technological challenges of the automotive world. We actively listen to our customers’ requests and invest resources into developing the highest quality dash kit and harness solutions. We make dash kits for more vehicle applications than anyone else in the world. That’s why we’ve been known as “The Installer’s Choice” ® for more than 72 years. Our other brands include: Axxess®, T-SPEC®, The Install Bay®, Heise LED Lighting Systems®, iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems®, Shuriken High Performance Batteries®, Raptor®, Ballistic®, AmmoTenna®, Metra PowerSports®, Saddle Tramp®, Metra Marine® and Daytona Lights™. Metra’s expertise in connectivity solutions is also applied to its division of premium home theater and surveillance products, Metra Home Theater Group®. For ordering information and pricing, visit Metra Electronics online at MetraOnline.com or call 386-257-2956.